Summer is finally here to enjoy(By: Linda Winchell )
Lots of playing out in the sun.
I’m happy that summer is finally here
And that summers sun and fun has begun.
Summer is finally here and this is the best time to enjoy Iced Teas! So here is a fun recipe to add some color and flavor to your iced teas this season!
But first, let me share a few facts about Hibiscus tea!
Hibiscus tea is also known as Agua de Jamaica and Flor de Jamaica in South and Central America and Mexico.
This tea can be prepared either hot or cold.
Hibiscus is known for tons of health benefits. It is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C that help boost your immune system.
Now that we know how amazing this can be for you in summers, let’s quickly move on to the recipe!
- 20-25 grams of dried hibiscus
- Honey to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons of dried rose petals
- Brew hibiscus tea using hot water. Keep the water temperature at around 90°c.
- Brew the tea for about 5 mins.
- Strain tea and add honey (or sweetener of your choice) to taste, and stir to dissolve.
- Add the rose petals to this mixture. Reserve some for garnishing.
- Chill for a few hours in the fridge OR immediately pour over ice and stir to cool. (My recommendation would be to keep it in the refrigerator for a few hours so that the flavor of the rose petals also emerges in the tea mixture.)
- Serve in beautiful crockery, over ice, with rose petals as garnishing. Enjoy!
So I hope you found this helpful. Don’t forget to share your thoughts with me! See you!